Wednesday 15 August 2012

Decca Prestomatic DPT 23" Professional TV

I got this just before Christmas of last year from a friend who also is a radio collector and was about to move at the time and needed to offload some extra bits and pieces that he had and this is one of them.
He brought  this Decca back with him from the UK and modified it to work here. It is actually a dual standards set so does have 405/625 line and UHF.
According to comments I got in regards to this on the UK Vintage Radio & TV forum, this Decca is rather rare so I better make sure I look after this one!
It was working back in 2009 but developed a intermittent connection on a socket which burnt through and hasn't been used since, but did go very well prior. These were a good design and the chassis is also a hybrid. Thankfully he gave me the full service manual and notes with it.
Apparently the 425 switching section has been hard wired out but I'm hoping that this won't be too hard to reverse as I'd love to see a 405 line picture in operation.
Here are some pictures of it, nice looking TV I reckon! Looking forward to getting this one going.


No comments:

Post a Comment